Thursday, February 2, 2012

My New Addiction

Blown Beads !  Oh dear, I'm having SO MUCH FUN making these !  I don't know why I waited so many years to actually try them.  I am at a loss for words.  And that just doesn't usually happen with me !  lol !  I had been infactuated with another bead artists work, Aja Vas of Wandering Spirit Designs for many years as I've seen her work on a glass forum I belong to.  She's made gorgeous blown beads for a while now and I never even considered trying what she does.  I just loved her work.  Finally I got that urge and there it began.  My husband bought me a wonderful book for Christmas by Jeri Warhaftig called Glass Bead Workshop and in it is a tutorial on blown beads using her puffy mandrels.  That was more than enough to get me going.  Bought the mandrels, bought Jeri's second book, also wonderful, and began.

My first attempt you've already seen in a previous post.  It's also included in the photo I'm showing today with more beads that I made yesterday.  Those three are what turned out of six attempts yesterday.  The three that got away, well, they all didn't make it for various reasons.  lol !  That does happen.  The thick blue stripe on the green bead is only there because I didn't have any more green glass handy so I had to finish it off with the blue.  It worked and the colors go well together so all is good.  :)  Lesson learned - make sure there is enough glass on the table to finish the bead. :)   Anyway, I'm just hooked.  I haven't had this much fun making beads in a VERY long time.  :)   I've put up two pics with dimes in them just to show the size.  I couldn't figure out how to hold all those beads in my hand and take a picture though so that will have to wait.  lol !


So there will be more coming that's for sure and of course I will get back to making butterflies as well.  Still need alot of practice there too.  :)
   


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a peek at my blog !  I hope you come back again soon !  I'll keep posting !  :)


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Debbie, Those are neat beads. I'm glad that you stepped out of your comfort zone and tried something you have been admiring.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks much Therese ! I appreciate you coming by. :)

    ReplyDelete