Saturday, February 25, 2012

Jumbo Blown Beads..........

.....are just too much fun to make.  :))  I know, I've said it enough already.  Can't help it.  Still I do need to get back to making some butterflies so that will be on my agenda next week.  I just got some enamels so will be playing with those on the beads as well.  I never quite got the hang of using them before but will put forth the extra effort this go round.  They are so intense in color and make beautiful beads - when they're used right.  


So, I did make some jumbo blown beads this past week with some success.  I am beginning to think that even the off shape ones can be used for something.  lol !  I don't know why not.  I guess it depends on what one would do with them.  :)  I did manage to make some good ones too of course.  I added two more to the blue ones shown in the post below so there's a nice set of 4 that something could be done with them.  Maybe a nice necklace of some sort.  They are 4 different sizes too which will make it more fun to play with.  I figure when the yellow pollen hits and I can't open the window for make up air when I torch, I'll start making some jewelry or something with these beads I have made.  If I don't, they're going to sit around collecting dust and just be in the way.  Already need a bigger container to put them in as it is !  lol !     
    
Here's a picture of the 4 together with the sizes printed just above each one.  I really like this color alot.  I'd love to get more.  Maybe next glass order.  :)  So with this "set", I now have two same color sets.  Believe me, sets are NOT my forte' so to speak.  Making same beads has never been a good thing for me.  The more I try, the worse the beads get.  lol !  So with these I've made only one or two of the same colors at a sitting.  Makes it easier for me to actually make a set.  This was not my intention when I made the first two but I like the color so much I figured what the heck.  :)  It'll be fun to try and figure out what to make with them.  Jewelry is only one option.  I can think of a few things to try with them.  When I finally do sit to figure out what to make with them, it'll be a surprise to me as well.  lol !  


Thanks so much for coming by and having a look at my blog.  Come back again soon to see what's happenin'.  :)  






2 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie,
    I have enjoyed reading a viewing your progress with blown bead making. These four beads are so very pretty I love the swirling blue color reminds me of a bright clear day at a tropical beach.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again Therese for your lovely comments ! You make me smile.

    ReplyDelete