Monday, February 6, 2012

An All Consuming Addiction............

Yep, I am so hooked on making these blown beads !  It's what I look forward to every morning when I wake up and every night it's what's on my mind before falling asleep !  lol !  Just like when I was first starting out making beads back in 2004.  What a fabulous feeling !  


So ever since my last post, I've made at least 3 beads a day.  Some torch sessions are good - some not so good but even the not so good sessions have something to teach and I sooooo appreciate that.  Yesterday was one of those not so good sessions - or so I thought.  But I don't want to get ahead of myself.  The picture just below is a collection of what I have made so far.  It doesn't show the beads that broke or the ones that ended up in the water can.  Just the ones that survived.  Of course nearly all of them aren't perfect but I think I'm gonna be one of those people that goes for the "organic" look of non conforming shapes.  :)  Oh I'll make some round beads for sure but I think I enjoy the challenge of making the odd shaped ones more.  It's kinda fun to heat up a spot, blow it out and see what happens.  Maybe a blow out, maybe not.  lol !  
And I'm sure there would be more beads however my kiln is pretty small on the inside and only so many of these blown beads will fit at one time.  Just depends on the size of the bead.  

I'm also gonna show you the bead that survived being THROWN down when I burned my finger.  This is Blister.  I was able to finish him the other day even though I thought that at any minute, I was going to lose him from bead release cracking or a crack in the bead would show up & that's why he's very simple.  He just plain survived it all !  It's amazing just how strong glass really is even in an unfinished state.  I love Blister !  He'll be going to live in my Fantasy Fish Tank for sure.  :) 

So there will be LOTS more blown beads to show and stories to tell.  :)  I just can't stop !  lol !  As I sit and type this post I am thinking what colors of glass I'll be playing with today.  I need to go to the grocery store.  Hmmm, it's a toss up - grocery store - making blown hollow beads ???????  Yes, I could do both I guess but who wants to !  lol !  

Thanks so much for coming by and having a peek at my blog !  I hope you come back again very soon to see what's happening.  :)  
  




Pin It

1 comment: