Monday, March 11, 2013

It's Been Too Long......................

..........and the time has come to update, renew, revive this blog !  I had a good reason for being absent but I am now ready to get back to life and enjoy myself at least a little bit !  :)   Recovering from any surgery just takes a little time, that's all. 

So without further ado, the first necklace photo below is what I was able to "redo" recently.  Yes, this is the redo.  Much prettier in my opinon than the first necklace which is the second photo.  The redo necklace is more "balanced", not as heavy, longer and easier on the eyes.  Because it is "balanced" there was no need for a large focal in the center.   The first necklace (that's the one in the second photo) had way too many silver beads in it.  I actually didn't think you could use too much silver in a piece of jewelry.  I was wrong.  It was just too much.  Plus it just looked unbalanced.  The plain black beads at the bottom are "out of place" and didn't belong.  Yes, the redo is MUCH better.  :)  Of course, all of the lampwork beads used are beads I made myself at my torch.  :)  The black beads with the blue and white frit, is a special frit that is no longer available and has been my favorite frit for a very long time !  I am hoarding the little bit I have left.  I will use it but sparingly.  I  love the way these beads turned out.   

 
 
Soon, I hope to be back at the torch.  In the meantime, I am doing some "spring cleaning" and will be trying something new on this blog. 
 
Thanks so much for coming by !  I hope you come back again soon ! 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment