Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I'm Late and Have a Good Excuse

Well, only by one day and really it's only because it took me longer than normal to get chores done yesterday.  And the reason it took longer, I burned my finger last week while at the torch.  Yep, and it's not just a minor burn.  Anyway, I haven't been able to do alot of my normal "stuff" which includes being at the torch.  The burn is on my first finger in an area that is used ALOT, usually bends alot and gets bumped alot in normal circumstances.  Plus, that area is exposed to alot of heat when making beads.  Something that doesn't feel very good right now.  lol !
  
At least before I burned my finger I was able to explore making blown beads and shards for the very first time, for a very brief moment.  I got one shard done, one blown bead done and one more blown bead partially done.  That last one is still laying,  glass unscathed, where I threw it on the table after burning myself.  :)  Just below is the picture of the blown bead I was able to finish.  I almost blew a hole in it but saved it and you can see that weak spot in the photo.  The bead is very odd shaped to be sure but I HAD A BLAST making it !  I am sooooo hooked and will be doing more.  I have ALWAYS loved huge, giant beads and this one measures in at about 30x35mm or about 1 1/4 x 1 1/2" !  I want bigger too !  :)

I can't wait to make more and in lots of colors !  A friend said she'd love to have a  necklace made with some so that gives me a great incentive to do my best.  It was so much fun making this one and even the one that blew out.  lol ! 


Of course I'll continue to make the butterfly beads for BOC.  I need to keep working on and perfecting those as well.  




      

I know in my last post I said I would talk more about photographing but that also has come to a stand still.  I'll get back to all the bead stuff when my finger is healed enough to do so. In the meantime, thanks much for coming by and visiting.  
Come back again any time to see what's up.  :)


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment