Sunday, September 28, 2014

Lampwork Beads - That is All


This week wasn’t a very productive week again.  More hand pain plus allergies causing major breathing issues.  Just not feeling well HOWEVER, I did manage one morning at my torch making beads.  Wow !  I recall saying it’s like riding a bike and to some degree it is but it’s the remembering what colors work well with silver or what color works with what frit, etc etc.  lol !  It was interesting to say the least.  The results are pictured below and I have to say – I need to get back to basics – again.  It’s just been too long.  Maybe some reading is in order but of course just playing around will get my brain functioning again too.  It’s worked in the past when I took off two years from my torch.  There is so much info out there now it can get confusing.  The one major thing I did learn after coming back from that 2 year break is slow, steady and back to basics.  Works every time.  I’d love to get back to sculpting as that was always what I loved to do best so we shall see in due time.
 
The second photo below shows what the ortho doc said will help my hand.  Yep, a splint or brace or whatever you want to call it.  lol !  Xrays showed a lot of arthritis at the base of my thumb as well as bone spurs.  Yay.  L  This is not a good thing when it comes to making beads.  Gotta spin that mandrel !  I am right handed so the mandrel goes in my left hand.  I tried making beads with that thing on and it just didn’t work.  Off it came !  Much better but painful.  Ugh.  Can’t win.  So I’ll do what I need to do and just limit the beadmaking for now.  I don’t want the injections and I certainly don’t want surgery !  The old saying, if it’s not one thing it’s another holds true for me this year.  lol !  Thankfully, nothing majorly serious. 

If you have a moment, come on over to my Facebook page where I am destashing OPB's that need to find new homes all at discounted prices.  https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005964946289

So that’s all for now.  Thanks very much for coming by.  I hope you come back again soon.  


   

2 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie,
    Sorry to hear you are having physical problems, but I feel ya, my right hand gives me fits especially when I do marathon beading. I hope it gets better for you soon.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Therese. It's been a "pain" - pun intented. lol !

      Delete