Tuesday, August 12, 2014

I'm Baaaaaaack & Already Beading

Yessireeee, I'm finally feeling human again.  Took a long time and I still have a few residual affects but slowly working on those for a full come back.  Just takes time. I still have a hard time believing this all came about because of a legal perscription drug.
On to beading.............

Since it's still too hot to be at my beloved torch to melt glass, I revisited beaded kumihimo.  I got the braid done but the bracelet is still waiting to be finished.  Just couldn't get into it fully.  Figured why not bring out the new loom again, so I did.  :)  Found a lovely pattern to work and began two days ago.  My take on the loom has not changed.  Even though it was pointed out to me that my novice take on this loom was unimportant I stand by my original posting of the pro's and con's.  See post below "Sick" post.  I LOVE this loom, no question about it.  It works great for my needs but I'd still make the changes.  I still used it as I did before and it worked perfectly - FOR ME.  I did learn that with it propped up on the roll of shelf liner, as I got closer and closer to the top of loom, I actually found myself sitting up better.  It stretched my lower back.  I tend to slouch so this is another "pro" about me adjusting this loom to fit ME.  It might not work for anyone else.  I don't claim this is for everyone but it works FOR ME.  If any of my suggestions work for anyone else, then yay !  :)

One thing I see now.  The strand itself has ripples in it.  It lays flat but not perfectly flat.  I'm thinking that's because I probably pulled to hard on the weft thread as I weaved through the beads.  

As for the thread.  I used C-lon thread and for some reason, as I was going back thru the beads to hold them in place, the thread actually unraveled.  I've never seen this happen before.  I was totally surprised.  lol !  I had a heck of a time getting it straightened out and thru the the beads at last.  I re-threaded the needle afresh after that.  Geesh.  

I have no other bits of wisdom about this loom.  I feel like I'm sort of starting from scratch again after being away from it for a few weeks.  I had alot of fun putting together this "strand" I did make.  I didn't want to stop.  I could of made it longer but why ?  I really like this last pattern ALOT !  This is supposedly a Native American pattern and it does remind one of that and I LOVE IT.  I love the way the colors work so beautifully together.  The white outline accentuates the whole thing.  The black makes everything pop in my opinion.  The only thing I would change is the green.  In my opinion I should of used an emerald green I think.  I still like this mint green though.  And of course red just brings it all together.  Gorgeous !  I want to do more Native American designs and have been on the search.  Have found some beautiful patterns free and for sale.  

So what am I going to do with the strands I do make ?  I am still unsure.  Will have to wait and see I guess.  lol !  The pieces I have made could be made into bracelets but they would be loose on me that's for sure !  lol !  Oh well.........
                   
                                    

                               
That's all for now.  Thanks so much for coming by !  I hope you come back again soon ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment