Monday, November 12, 2012

Christmas In The Air

Yes, the holidays are fast approaching with Thanksgiving only 11 days away !  Wow !  I don't know why but it seems like it came really early this year.  Oh well, it is what it is as the saying goes. 

And of course with Thanksgiving on the horizon, Christmas is only a short 6 full weeks away.  Whew.  Are any of us ready for that ??  I'm getting there.  This year, we will have gifts to put under the tree with family coming in for the holiday for a change.  It will be so much fun !  I am so excited !  :)

At the torch last time, I decided it was time to make some blown beads again with the idea in mind to make a few ornaments with them.  The bigger blown beads make a perfect size to hang on a tree or from a light fixture or wherever you can think of to hang one for fun Christmas decorating.  The blown beads are fun to make on their own of course and making them into ornaments was just one more fun way to use them. 

Pictured below are the ornaments.  Simple, easy to make and just plain fun to do ! 
Just take some wire, I used 22 gauge silver coated copper wire, make a wrapped loop at one end.  This will be the end you add the hook to hang  it with.  Once you have the loop done, just add whatever elements you want to add.  As you can see from the photo, I added bead caps, Swarovski crystals, lampwork beads and silver plated beads.  I then made another wrapped loop and added more elements to that loop with jumprings.  I used seed beads, crystals and lampwork beads.  Simple and fun to do !  I'm going to add some glitter to the blown beads as well.  Maybe add names to them  ?  Not sure yet. I may still make more but for now, these are it.     
 
 
This past week just flew by actually.  I didn't realize it had been so long I posted.  LOTS going on.  And it's been over a week now I was at the torch so hopefully more torch time in the coming week. 
 
That's all for now.  Thanks so much for coming by !  I hope you come back again soon !  Please feel free to comment.  I love to read what you have to say.  :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment