Sunday, August 12, 2012

A Week Later......................

Doesn't seem like it's been a whole week already but that's what the calendar says.  This past week sure went fast.  I've kept busy still playing with beaded kumihimo.  It's so addicting, alot of fun and can be very interesting too.  I explored using new to me types/shapes of beads.  Some fun, some not fun at all.  lol !  So without further ado, here's what I've been up to.................

The first photo is of the three bracelets that made it thru to the end.  lol !  On the left, glass pony beads.  Yep.  I didn't know they exsisted and the ones I used are not uniform in shape at all which makes that bracelet really cool !  I love the texture of it even though it's hard to see in the photo.  And CHUNKY.  Pretty big in diameter measuring in at 13 mm !  And yet it's not heavy at all.  The one on the right - those are tiny glass lentil beads in sizes 6mm and 8mm.  I can safely say and promise right now I will NEVER use those 6mm lentils EVER again. What a pain to string.  The 8mm, maybe.  And that bracelet measures in at almost 15mm and it's not heavy either.  My favorite of the three, the yellow, orange and red one.  LOVE it !  It has 6mm, 8mm seed beads and square seed beads in it.  Reminds me of fruit salad !  YUM.   

I wanted to showcase this lampwork bead I made long ago and never had a chance to use it in anything.  Finally came up with this beaded kumi necklace.  I'm not a lover of green anything but this necklace turned out pretty I think.  :)  I'm happy with it. 


The last necklace was more a test than anything but I think it turned out pretty ok.  It's got 3 different size seed beads in it again with 6mm, 8mm and square.  All are clear and it's braided on multicolor cording.  Enjoyable.  :)   


Not sure what this upcoming week will bring but am looking forward to doing more playing of course.  Today though, I am off to play on my torch !!!!!!!!!!!   YAY !  It's finally just cool enough I can make beads again.  At least for a little while this morning. 

Thanks so much for coming by.  Please come back again soon to see what's happening in my neck of the woods - literally.  lol ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment