Saturday, April 21, 2012

Wow ! New Blogger look and New Necklace

Wow ! I have some catching up to do !  I don't know if I like this new blogger thing yet.  Well, will have to just keep playing.


So it's been a very busy week this past week.  Very little creative time but I did manage to put together the necklace pictured below.  
I wanted to use the enameled beads I made a few weeks ago before the pollen hit and this is what I came up with so far.  I'm not sure if I like it nor am I sure it will stay as it is.  I like the solid black beads bringing out the black in the enameled beads however I'm not sure the shape of those black beads is right.  Someone mentioned a more organic shape to match the  enameled beads & I do believe they are right.  The more I look at it, the more I agree.  :)  






I am getting closer to being able to torch again.  Yay !  I can't wait.  Am getting very impatient now.  I got some filigrana glass I am so very anxious to use !  Filigrana rods are a solid color encased in clear & ready to use.  Also stocked up on some glass at very good prices to use with the enamels.  I'm ready to get back to that and the blown beads as well.  Have LOTS of ideas floating around in my head.  Need to get back to making some BOC beads as well.  I gave up on the butterflies.  They just weren't very good at all.  Those need to be very special.  So I will just stick with making the beads for the kids.  It's all good.  :)  


That's all for now.  Thanks so much for coming by.  I hope you come back again soon.  Lampwork beads or jewelry - it's all good !  :)     

5 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie,
    I like the necklace, but I do agree the sharp black beads are a little too much maybe a black bead that is not so sharp. I enjoy coming here to see what you have been working on, you always have something interesting going on.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is a very colourful piece with the simplistic look that is attractive.Yes the black sharp heads could be thought about and make a little different,maybe round beads would be better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks much for your comments Therese and Silver. I do appreciate all your thoughts on my "stuff". :) It's already taken apart. lol ! Not sure what I'll finally do with the lampwork beads. I'm back at the torch so we shall see. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the necklace is cool. I like the sharp edges & the colors are perfect together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is my honor and privileged to found and read your post. It made me learn a lot of different ideas. Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete