Saturday, May 14, 2016

What to Talk About..............Why GLASS of course !

In a way, I can talk about beads.  Or the lack there of.  lol !  I've only been able to torch twice in the last few months due to many reasons.  Those reasons:  flying pollen, illnesses, necessary equipment updating and now a dog bite on the hand that holds the EMS and mandrels as needed !  lol !  Am hoping once that bite is healed I'll be good to go.  Thankfully I am familiar with the dog so it doesn't have rabies however BECAUSE I am familiar with the dog I will no longer take it for granted it won't bite.  In fact, I'll steer clear completely. 

Ok so here are the beadies I did manage to make.  From my Antiquated series I love to make.   Making long tube focal beads using this technique is a bit more complicated than making smaller individual beads but it can be done.   




I also have many other going's on right now that seem to be taking up lots of time.  Unfortunately nothing to do with creating or making anything.  Won't bring up that "stuff" here though. 

I have been collecting colored bottles lately as well.  I have more than enough clear liquor bottles but need lots more colored bottles.  Looking for any and all colors.  For melting of course but also for home made "sea glass".  Yep, another little side project I'm working on.  Yeah, just what I need but something I can do easily whilst not torching.  I've tumbled a green wine bottle so far.  I am thinking I need a coarser grit than the 1000 I have for tumbling beads.  Easily found anywhere on line.  Tried the sand thing and it really doesn't do a good job.  And it tumbled for days with a mix of sand, the grit I have an water. 

A little tip I picked up along the way:  When removing the labels from bottles and that damned stubborn glue won't come off - use either vegetable oil or olive oil, scrub it in with a good scrubbie or scrub daddy, something like that and just scrub til it comes off.  It DOES come off too !  :)  Then wash with dish soap and rinse.  Wha-la - a nice clean bottle. 

Thanks for coming by.  I hope you come back again sometime.  Have a great weekend. 



No comments:

Post a Comment