Saturday, August 22, 2015

Heat Wave Beads

This wasn't the planned post for this week.  In fact, I'm a few days past it being a week since my last post.  Our desktop computer decided it was time to go blank and require attention from a computer savvy person.  lol !  It's in the shop and supposedly we're suppose to get it back by today.  I am skeptical.  Anyway, it has all I needed to create the post I wanted to.  That will be for another time.  In the meantime, we have a "stand-by" laptop I am using now.  Typing on it is, let's say, problematic.  For me anyway,  I am not use to typing on flat keys and I always have trouble with that part of it. 

Yep, I was able to torch a few days over the last couple of weeks.  Right in the middle of this damned heat wave, a few mornings here and there it was down in the high 60's early, with no humidity.  I took advantage of it.  :)  Early in the morning is the best time for me to torch anyway no matter the weather.  I accomplish alot more than any other time of day,  Always been a morning person.  Anyway, that's why I call them heat wave beads - made during a brief respite in the heatwave. 

My time at the torch these last few times went in a few directions.  I actually made another set of beads.  lol !  Practiced on a new mold/press and mostly tested some ideas.  So that said, here they are:

The first photo is of a set of fall leaves.  I went a very different way than I have in the past and I really like how they turned out.  Color is on both sides.  Now, the question is to give them the matte finish or not.  The second photo shows one in the center that has that soft, matte finish.  Not sure what to do. 




This next photo shows what I've been practicing- dolphins.  Yeah, I need LOTS of practice there !  lol !   Each one took LOTS of time and patience.  Will need LOTS more practice to get them right.

This last photo is of a little set of a focal and spacers.  This is an xx large size of the cleo beads I made previously.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE this size best. 




Until next time - thanks for coming by !  I hope you come back again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment