Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Beads, More Beads, More and More Beads...........

............will it ever end ?  NO !  NEVER !  lol !  Beads are global and have been for CENTURIES ~!  I'm happy about that.  They may have their ups and downs over time but never go away completely.  I think right now & the last couple of years, lampwork has been in a downward spiral but they are still here and will always be.  A weeding out process has taken place.  Those that got into it for the money - a quick buck - are gone.  Those that are coming into it for the money won't last.  So who's left ?  Artists, crafters and all those in-between who are in it for the LOVE of it.  ;)  Yeah, it's cool to make a buck or two (or lots, lol !)  but it's way cooler to have fun and enjoy yourself with something you love to do.   That's where I come in.  I'm not in it for the money (oh brother am I not ! lol ! ).  I do not consider myself an artist at all there fore, I am a crafter, always have been and that's just fine with me.  ;)  I LOVE what I do.  I have fun ALMOST every time I sit at my beloved torch.  If I can sell a bead, great.  If not, I don't fret.  Don't get me wrong, making a buck is good for me too.  I like making a dollar if I can.  I can then afford to continue on and enjoy what I'm doing. 

So will beading of any kind ever end for me - yes, of course it will. :)  It will for us all however until then, I'm going to enjoy the hell out of all those beads !  That is to say - All My Beads.  hehehe  :) 

What I made during the past week.  A little of this  - a little of that.  lol !  Ok first, I did torch one more day but those beads just aren't worth a showing at all !  lol !  So moving on, I managed a few braids - two satin braids and one beaded braid with pendant.   I hope you enjoy the eye candy.  :) 

This first braid is a pattern I hadn't done in a very long time.  Wanted to revisit it on my brand new Marudai and this is the result.    I really love the color combination and how it turned out.  I will make more.  :)

 This is a flat braid I made using a pattern I never tried before.  The pattern I found online and it was directions to use a square foam plate.  I made this one on my new Marudai.  I love the pattern but it's not as tight as the braids I typically make.  Still very pretty. 
  And of course, another one of my dragon necklaces.  This one is in reds and I do enjoy it very much !  The kumihimo beaded braid is done in dark red, black and gold seed beads.  Very goth I guess.  lol ! 


That's all for this week.  Thanks so much for coming by.  I hope you come back again soon.  I have surprises coming in the weeks ahead !  lol ! 




      

No comments:

Post a Comment