Thursday, February 12, 2015

Kumihimo - Beads - Fun & Failure

Can't believe the second week of February is almost gone.  Man, wha' happened to the week ?  It really flew by.  It's been a crazy week for sure.  I didn't realize it's been over a week I was here.  lol !

I had a few projects going over the last week or so.  One in particular drove me nuts.  I knew it was going to be a total failure but kept on going thinking I could fix it.  Didn't work out that way at all.  There was more than one fix too which made it all the worse.  Finally had to walk away from it before tearing out my hair.  lol !  Came back and tore it apart.  I should of taken photo's first to show those mistakes but was so frustrated...........  :(  I did have a good outcome on two other projects pictured below and have started another one.  :)  Looking forward to the finished piece of the one I'm working on now.  :) 

I also tried to draw up my own Kumihimo pattern using a grid.  I found it very hard to follow.  Gave it several tries before I had to walk away from that.  lol !  Not a good week for trying new things evidently.  It happens.  But it was a learning experience and I have a solution in mind.  There is a digital program someone invented that's suppose to be easy to use to create your own patterns in Kumihimo.  I am considering it.  This is the link HERE to that pattern maker.  I need to decide if I will use it enough to justify spending the money.

So here are the two projects I finished up this past week. 
The first photo is a flat braid and it's LONG.  lol !  I think it's 82" long !  lol !  Would be perfect for handfasting and that's what I made it for.  Now in my Etsy shop.  :)  I LOVE the colors of this braid !  They work so well together.


The second photo is of a necklace I made the other day.  This is the second BRIGHTS necklace I've made using Greek ceramic beads and my own lampwork spacers.  This one is a bit shorter than the first and this one has a clasp.  Something bright to wear on a cold, dreary winters day.  lol !  It's 29" long and very lightweight.  It is for sale - $40.00 plus $5.80 priority flat rate small box shipping.  Send me a message here if interested. 


Thanks much for coming by.  I hope you come back again soon. 

2 comments:

  1. I feel your frustration Debbie, I have had a few of my own mishaps this week as well. Love the colors in your Kumihimo rope and the bright colors in your necklace.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment Therese.
      Yep, we all have those weeks don't we. lol ! Hopefully next week will be good.

      Delete