Saturday, January 11, 2014

New Year - New Ideas - New Fun

Ok so the holidays are over for a while.  It was fun and exciting for a brief moment but now it's time to move forward.  The New Year always starts off (for me) with, " Ok, now what ?"  lol !  Do I stick with the same ole' same ole' or try something new ?  Challenging myself can sometimes be regrettable.  lol !  Still, I don't want to give up nor do I purposely give up. Sometimes, life gets in the way and that's just not a silly excuse.  Right now, we have so much happening within our family it's almost funny.  It's all good stuff but will keep us on our toes over the next several months.  With weather the way it's been, all that's been and will be happening, I don't see spending too much time at my beloved torch. sigh.  Making jewelry is what I fall back on during the rough weather times.  Only on the "warmer" days will I be able to light it up.  :)  

As to what new things are on my mind.  I have "discovered" new to me beads !  They are Greek ceramic beads and have been around for some time but are new to me.  May I say I LOVE them !!  I love everything about them !  The colors, the textures, the shapes !  They make me VERY happy !  In particular the matte ceramics.  Yummmmm !  lol !  I ordered some from a fellow lampworker and that started my latest addiction ! :)  I found a wholesaler and the order I placed arrives today.  I'm very excited and can't wait to make LOTS of jewelry !  

For working at my torch.  As soon as the weather clears and warms just a bit I'm there !  I hope that's VERY soon.  I have new idea's floating in my head that need to be put to glass. 

In the meantime, here are two photo's of what I DID do this past week.  The first photo is of the set I made using those Greek beads only.  I LOVE it !  Not sure if it will go for sale.  lol !  The second photo is of a necklace I made using both the Greek beads (large plain purple beads and black tubes) and my own lampwork beads which are the black disks and the decorated purple beads in between the large plain purple beads.  I really like this necklace a lot.  It looks very elegant I think. This one I believe will be listed for sale in my Etsy shop when it reopens in March.


 
Time to wrap it up and start my day.  Thanks so much for coming by !  I hope you come back again soon ! 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment