Saturday, January 4, 2014

I'm Sorta Waiting

For this icy blast of cold air to leave.  lol !  Don't get me wrong - I still love winter, cold air and all but this icy cold is a bit much.  I really have the inclination and need to be at the torch now and I can't.  Too cold in my work area.  The kiln wouldn't even keep me warm.  lol !  With this cold air, I just wish it would snow.  And I don't mean just a bit of snow either but A FOOT would be real nice.  :)  Yes, I know, I'm crazy but I love the white stuff and miss it terribly.  sigh...........

Since I can't torch at this moment, I did manage to put together a "little" necklace.  Remember those 40 plus beads I made for the 40 bead challenge ?  Well, they've been sitting on my desk since finishing them.  I couldn't figure out what to do with them.  I don't wear jewelry much anymore.  Never wore necklaces at all but these beads were too big and too many to make a bracelet.  Mainly a bit too bulky.  So, a necklace they became.  Had to keep it simple because the beads, all put together, are HEAVY.  I weighed the finished piece and it weighs in at nearly 9 ounces.  Now, that might not sound like much but believe me - around the neck, it is !   lol !  Had to keep it simple.  Not much room for many additional componets.  Just added some tiny black beads to basically separate the big beads.  Wha-la.  I think it came together nicely.  I will wear it tonight to dinner out.  This sort of thing is more of a statement piece I guess you'd call it.  Simple yet your eye is drawn to it.  Hard NOT to look at all those big, round beads !  lol !  

 
Hopefully, I'll be at the torch soon.  Thanks so much for coming by !  Please come back again soon !
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment