Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Jewelry For A Change

Starting off the new year with a necklace for a change.  I've not been able to torch for weeks now due to a cold/allergies/virus  - take your pick.  It's been miserable.  Anyway, I just got so fed up with feeling rotten this morning that I just had to do "something".  The necklace in the photo below is the outcome of that. 

The leaf and spacer beads I made back in the early fall when alot of folks were on the leaf kick.  Seems to happen every fall of course.  Makes sense.  :)  I used some silver glass to make these particular beads and was able to get a bit of pretty colors out of it.  Generally silver glass and I don't get along well.  lol !  I have plenty more leaf beads but these caught my eye this morning. 

 The really fun part of this necklace is that there is no wrong side.  The other side that's not showing in the photo is just as nice as the side that's showing.  Just a matter of preference to amount of colors that show.  For example, the side that's showing in the photo has less brown colors than the reverse. 

 
Since I won't be doing much torching til I'm feeling better, you MIGHT see more jewelry until that time.  Just depends on how I'm feeling from day to day.
 
Thanks so much for coming by.  I hope you come back again soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment