Sunday, December 16, 2012

More Ornaments or...........................

.............how not to worry about overdoing it.  lol !  I mean, might as well go with what keeps one intrigued right - go with the flow as it were.  :)  I don't know about anyone else, but lately, I have a tendacy to stick with one thing until I'm bored with it or I just can't get it quite "right" according to "them".  Since I've been into making ornaments lately, that's what I'm still not bored with and I am getting them right.  :)  They might not be gorgeous or different shapes but I like how 90% of them are coming out.  

Some are large enough that I have to put them in thru the top of the kiln.  The bead door on both my kilns just isn't wide enough.  With the small kiln, I can only fit a max of 3 of the bigger ornaments in there.  That's kind of a bummer cause after making 3 there are days I want to make more.  If I could plug in my second kiln at the same time, problem solved.  Can't do that though.  So, right now, only a max of 3 at a time.  

Below are the last ornments I made last week.  Didn't get much done due to an illness.  Hopefully next week I'll be able to torch a bit.  Still alot of fun to make and I am experimenting with different types of glass and many colors. 

One BIG thing I discovered while making these fun orbs is that even the bad ones, the ones that turn out uneven or a hole pops thru or the colors of the frit just aren't to my liking - I have shards !  My colleciton of shards is now growing.  I've only tried shards a few times but making ornaments, it's a given.  lol !  There is ALWAYS something that will go wrong at some point and the shard pile grows because of it !  So one of these days, I'll try adding some shards to the ornaments to see how that goes.  :)    


 
Thanks so much for coming by.  I hope you come back again soon !  Happy Holidays !


No comments:

Post a Comment