I have to say for the several weeks my jewelry making mojo just sorta flew out the door. I do believe it's because I'm ready to get back to the torch but it's still too hot to do that. In the meantime I did manage to put together - you guessed it - a few more bracelets over the weekend. This time, I went in a new direction on three of them. The sad part is the forth one, even after 3 seperate tries, ended up not coming together at all. sigh. It happens and more on that in a moment.
This is what I ended up making. I am VERY pleased with the outcome on all three.
The red one is made with multi color blue beads and my own hand dyed red silk cord/string. I used a different pattern on it rather than the usual one done on these disks. The middle/bottom one is made with multicolored hand dyed satin cording I've had for a while and amber colored beads. There's alot of sparkle and shine in those beads which is hard to see in the photo. The last one is done with frosted rose green magatama beads and let me say, the color is stunning in real life ! The photo does them no justice at all ! I really like how they all turned out very much.
The 4th bracelet I attempted to put together just didn't come together well at all. I tried making a bracelet that all the strands were completely beaded. It's a gorgeous look and I've wanted to do it for a long time. So I tried it - 3 seperate times over the weekend ! I used size 11/0 delica beads too on all 8 strands. The key is tension. I have to figure out the proper tension. If you don't get the tension right, it won't come together well at all. Also, this is where my bead spinner sure came in handy ! lol ! Still, even using the spinner it took some time getting all those beads on those threads. So I will not give up and will try this again soon. I just needed to take a little time away from it before trying it again. I mean, I didn't want to have to pick up any tiny seed beads off the floor after I threw them at the wall ! lol !
Thanks for coming by. I hope you come back again soon.