Thursday, January 5, 2017

A New Year

Indeed it is -  a New Year.  Glad it's here and hoping for the best.

Making glass beads is still my #1 all time favorite thing to do.  The torch was and is my salvation from a frustrating year.  I can't help it.  I feel alive when melting glass.  Kinda how I use to feel when going to the ocean.   It's true that my designs have gotten "easier" as others might think.  I have no choice.  As I get older, my hands and arms have gotten shakier as it were which doesn't allow me to do much, if any, detail work perfectly.  I've accepted that fact and do what I can.  I have all the necessary tools to try to help "fix" that problem and some of it helps somewhat but it is what it is.  I will continue to enjoy playing with and melting glass in whatever methods I can muster.  I mean, what choice do I have ?  lol !  It's sorta in my blood.  :)  

That said, I haven't posted anything related to the actual making of beads in a long time.  I've been at the torch on and off quite a bit lately.  So many other things happening with the holidays and all sometimes there just wasn't any time.  Now, I intend to make up for that no matter how chilly it gets.  lol !  Today will most likely be the day I start.  It tends to get pretty cold in my "fun spot" as I call it, during the winter months even though it's not really very cold where we live.  Anyway, it requires I prewarm some of the glass so there's no shattering or at least less of it.  Sometimes that's a pain but for the most part it's not so bad.  I just don't like exploding glass rods.  Who does ???  

All that said, I've made a few things that are simple, pretty little beads.  Things I like to do.  I plan on trying a few new things as I've recently gotten 2 new molds.  Those always take a little time to work through.  In the meantime, here a few sets I've done over the last couple of months.








 
Thanks for coming by.  Come visit me on my Facebook page at:  https://www.facebook.com/AllMyBeads  for beads or at my Esty shop:  All My Beads Etsy shop  for silk cords/strings, kumihimo braids, jewelry and some Mykono's greek beads.