My big ball of bell flower beads and/or headpins. I'm not sure what this would be called. I looked up topiary and it is sort of like that so I think that's what I might call it. Course it could just be called the ball of flowers too. lol ! Either way, I rather like how it turned out and am very happy I can add it to a table or a shelf somewhere in my home on display.
I had so very many of these bell flowers that I simply had to do something with them. They're so much fun to make that they kept piling up. I have them for sale in my Etsy shop but the listings I have are for made to order so I just didn't need all these flowers to just sit. They needed to be used. Plus I will continue to make them so more "projects" will come.
The only real problem I had during the whole process of putting this together was the little pot holding the whole thing. It was nothing but Styrofoam and from the weight of the flowers it started rockin' and rollin' pretty fast. lol ! The solution - remove Styrofoam and add cement. Worked like a charm. Not sure how heavy the whole thing is but it's HEAVY. And very steady now. :) Something I didn't do was keep track of how many flowers I used. I sure wish I would of but alas, no count. I did measure around the circumference of the ball and it's 19" across. The flowers cover every inch of that ball including around the trunk.
I used 3 sizes of the bell flowers - 12, 14 and 20 mm but most of them are the 14 and 20mm size. I also added a few other flower types I made plus a little butterfly critter at the top.
The photo's below: First one on left shows the entire thing. Second one is a top view and the last one shows a close up of one side. Make sure to click on each photo to see a larger and closer pic. :)
If you would like to see more photo's of my bell flower beads/headpins, check out my Etsy shop for a nice selection. Just click on any of the photo's listed.
Thanks so much for coming by ! I hope you come back again very soon ! :)