Tuesday, October 9, 2012

I'm Late, I'm Late for a Very Important Date

I didn't realize how late I was to posting here til this morning !  Geesh.  So here we go................

Last week was a very slow week for me as I was sick all week and got nothing done.  That said, towards the end of the week, the "boredom" kicked in and even though I still can't breath thru my nose, I had to torch.  :)  I actually started feeling better by Saturday so it wasn't like I was forcing the issue. 

Last Monday, I got a delivery of something I had wanted for years but just couldn't justify spending the money.  Well I finally decided to "justify" it and my new tool came.  A Carlo Dona bell flower press !  Wow !  A true Italian made glass melting tool made by a company that has been in the Italian glassblowing community for decades ! Well known for their quality, innovation and service.  Just below is a photo of the exact press I have.
                    

Finally feeling better, I began playing with it towards the end of the week.  Wow !  Not only is it fun to use, it makes the most lovely little flowers !  And there is so much you can do with these cute little flowers !  My first "bouquet" is pictured just below and as you can see, there are lots of colors in there.  I needed to try various colors just for fun.  :)  Of course there is a bit of a learning curve with this tool/press which is to be expected but that's ok.  Makes it more fun !  What's really very different about this press is there is no place for a mandrel.  It is made to be used with wire only.  We beadmakers here in the US have learned to use mandrels or work off mandrel when making beads so this was really something that took some getting use to.  But using the wire instead of a mandrel also make these flowers ready to add to jewelry or whatever you make with them.
  
 
 
That's all for today.  I need to get my day started !  I overslept !  lol !  Thanks so much for coming by. I hope you come back again soon to see what's happening ! 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment