Sunday, November 9, 2014

The Kumi Keeps Coming ! :)

Since I joined a couple of kumihimo groups on Facebook, I have pretty much become obsessed with the whole thing again.  I mentioned that before so sorry I'm being repetitive but it needed to be said.  I can't seem to get enough of it lately.  This past week I worked with beads and without.  I have been experimenting again with beads which I've shown below.  So many shapes, sizes, colors from many manufactures it can be a bit overwhelming.  Lately, I've been working with Czech seed beads which is a first for me and discovered how much I truly enjoy them.  So far I've tried 5 different sizes and lots of colors.  :)  I need more.  lol !

Another fact I found from being in these groups is that there are soooooo many blogs about Kumihimo it's incredible !  So much information out there and it's mostly free !  So I've come to the conclusion that I will only post about what I'VE discovered, learned and/or how much fun I'm having doing Kumi.  I have never "invented" a new braid nor have I even tried.  I rather enjoy using what's already out there.  Is that a cop-out ?  Some may think so but I am not a designer by any means and that's perfectly fine with me.  I enjoy just making the braids - with or without beads.  It's fun, it's colorful and keeps my old hands from locking up !  lol !  There are plenty of others out there that can design for me.  :)  In fact, I recently bought 2 Kumihimo tutorials using beads that look interesting IF I can figure out the pattern.  The designer did not write it up like I am use to seeing - seeing being the key word.  I am a visual learner.  We shall see.  :)

This past week I managed to make one fiber flat braid, 4 beaded bracelets, 1 experimental strand and 1 beaded wrap bracelet !  Whew !  lol !  I was on a roll and having a blast !  lol !  I love playing with new things.  lol !  The photo's are below with a bit of explaination where needed.

                       Neon colors in a simple round braid pattern.  LOVE it !  :)  The cord shows thru but that's something I personally don't mind unless it looks sloppy.

                         More neon colors, different size beads.  Unfinished. Again, the cord showing thru a bit so am figuring it's the type/shape of bead being used.  The cord on this bracelet to be are all matching colors to the beads - NEON !  :)  Found HERE  
 
            MORE Czech seed beads I LOVE LOVE LOVE !  I'm getting more.  These are a larger bead so the thread does show.  I used the Omega #2 as usual so next time I will use a thicker cord.   

I love how this bracelet turned out !  It's ICY !  I am a winter person.  Will be in my Etsy shop soon.  I will also custom make a bracelet for you in this style.  Contact me thru my Etsy shop.  ;)

This is one of the test pieces I did.  Done with supposedly medium size shell chips and chunks !  lol !  It's HEAVY and towards the end of the braid, it loosened up ALOT.  Very noticeable.  You will notice also that on the beaded ends, there are red seed beads.  I was testing something else which would of worked had one end not gotten so loose.  Oh well..............................another time, another piece.  :)

This piece is also a bead test.  These beads are very large but again they are Czech seed beads, matte transparent so the cord really shows thru.  Not happy with this one at all.  Maybe a heavier cord would work ?  Not sure.


Last piece, the wrap bracelet.  I love the colors on this one.  It will fit up to a size 8 which is what I wear but depending on how many wraps you do around your wrist it can go higher for a smaller wrist or lower for a larger wrist.  I'll custom make one for you as this will be listed in my Etsy shop.  The clasp is a regular lobster claw clasp.  Can also be worn as a single strand necklace.  
  
So there you have it.  These are just a few of the pieces I've done in the last 10 days.  lol !  There are more but will keep for another time.  :)  Thanks so much for coming by !  I hope you come back again soon.  Please, leave me a comment below and tell me what you think.  :)   Please note:  Your message will not show up unless I "ok" it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment